IMPROVE AND GROW
Jim Heilborn is a contract furniture industry veteran having held senior management positions for two large dealers for 17 years prior to starting his consulting company.
For over 25 years, Jim Heilborn Associates has offered a cost-effective way for businesses to achieve their goals by providing consulting, coaching, and information. Jim Heilborn Associates offers training and consulting based on the client’s business needs. His experience allows him to work in many different areas of a company, from sales to operations.
Jim has been a featured speaker and trainer at many industry events, including NeoCon, OFDA, United Stationers, Teknion, and INDEAL. Jim has been associated with INDEAL since 2011, as a training and development consultant, specializing in management and sales training. Jim’s articles have been published in numerous industry publications including the Monday Morning Quarterback, OFDA newsletters, MidPoint Ezine, and INDEAL’s monthly newsletters.
President One Workplace Milpitas, CA
“Jim has the unique ability to successfully deal with customers, sales staff, and management in a calm, rational, and professional manner… He has an outstanding knowledge of the furniture industry, works well under pressure, is reliable, and is an exceptional negotiator.”
President, WorkPlace Furniture Inc.
“Having an experienced consultant like Jim has been hugely beneficial to our company, myself and our employees. Jim’s extensive experience means we get valuable insight to a wide array of issues…from sales to operations to design. There simply isn’t a question or issue that Jim can’t help us and that saves us time and headaches because he’s been there. What I appreciate most is the time he takes to ask questions to better understand our needs before he ever proposes an idea or possible solution.”
Dealer Development Leader – Steelcase, Teknion, Kimball
“I have been working with Jim Heilborn for over 15 years. He is one of the most knowledgeable people in the Office Furniture Industry. He combines his knowledge with a calm, professional approach to help you and your dealership become more successful. Whether it is sales training, process management, service benchmarks, or overall consulting, Jim provides you with a quality experience. His archive of documents and knowledge of industry best practices is second to none.”
Manager l careteamsolutions
“Jim Heilborn and the service’s he provides for our company have now become part of our hiring process. Mr. Heilborn’s services have been one of the key additions that have reduced our turnover rate to almost none!”
Principal – Spencer + Company, Dallas TX
“Jim is a veritable authority on the commercial workplace industry and an ultimate professional. His breadth of first- hand industry experience is advantageous to any business operator, but just as importantly, he genuinely cares about his clients and their success. Under his tutelage, I’ve enriched my strategic thinking and accomplished some of my best work thanks to his insights. I believe anyone would profit from his hard-earned wisdom.”
President/CEO at ai Corporate Interiors, LLC
“Jim Heilborn can add incredible value to your business. Learning to run a furniture dealership is akin to trying to catch a moving train. Having a mentor like Jim made it easy to build relationships with fellow industry professionals and get a holistic view of prevailing business trends. Jim’s seasoned experience and long-term industry relationships, make him a great resource for anyone growing a dealership and looking for ways to incorporate best practices.”
SKIES THE LIMIT
Business Services Built Exactly To Your Needs
Strategic Business Planning
- Annual Business Plans
- Leading and Trailing Indicators
- On-site training and consulting
- For more information Download Powerpoint
Human Resources Development
- Pre- and post-employment evaluations
- Personality Profiles
- Sales Profile
JHA Information Archives
- The ARCHIVE has documents that cover Human Resources, Budgeting, Warehousing, Sales Training, Sales Management, Installation, Employment Law, Company Handbooks, Policies, and more! It is all listed here in our ARCHIVE INDEX page.
- Think about your company and the areas you would like to improve or grow. From sales to operations, which initiatives would you like to implement but don’t have the time, expertise, or staff to begin?
“Nothing is ever final and nothing is ever finished. Every ending is always a new begining. We are safe; it’s only change”
Ask yourself these questions:
- How much is your time worth?
- Do you and your staff find yourselves spending hours looking for one document or piece of information to run your business?
- Do you ever get that time and money back?
- Would you like to have access to a comprehensive business archive specifically designed for the office furniture industry?
- Would you like to be able to have a resource to request additional information?
- Would you like this to be affordable?
We offer all this and more to our clients.
To view the list of documents click the DOWNLOAD button below.
How do you put a price on knowledge?
Lifelong learning is important for everyone. In the words of Peter Drucker (American management consultant, educator, and author) “Knowledge has to be improved, challenged, and increased constantly, or it vanishes.”
Why do organizations really need assessments? According to the Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM), 53% of resumes they reviewed contained false information, as employees and candidates have a tendency to embellish their qualifications.
There are three primary reasons to use an assessment tool:
- Very few former employers will provide a negative reference about a job candidate. While employers aren’t prohibited by law from providing truthful information about a former employee to a prospective employer, good or bad, crossing the line into making misrepresentations or outright lies could make a bad reference illegal. Legal actions based on misstatements made in job references are typically based on defamation laws which prohibit anyone, including employers, from knowingly publishing or spreading false information about another.
- Managers have a tendency to “filter and scrub” employee performance reviews. Fearing a possible lawsuit, few former employers will provide a negative reference about a job candidate. Performance reviews are often filtered through an employee’s immediate supervisor, who, though well intentioned, for various reasons, may be less than fully objective.
- People are often difficult to read. Employee behavior is often compared to an iceberg—about 90% of our behaviors are explained by factors that, on the surface, cannot be easily observed or understood in a meaningful context. Without advanced training in psychology, many of these behaviors are difficult–if not impossible–to detect, putting the manager or potential employer is at a disadvantage.
This program evaluates up to 18 different character and talent traits as well as over 30 different types of personalities. The 8-to-15-page report will score the applicant’s traits in up to 18 areas and provide a complete picture of the applicant. Understand more about a new job applicant quicker than if you spent three hours interviewing them. The consistency level will let you know if the applicant was dishonest or tried to sway the results. Over 12,500 calculations may be performed to insure you have an accurate report. The benchmark feature allows you to compare applicants and compare them based on the best employee now in that type of position.
The Sales Profile will evaluate an applicant in eleven different areas of sales and provide a complete report as to an applicant’s current sales level, where additional training may be needed, and what the candidate’s expectations are from an employer.
In order to take a profile, candidates must have an Authorization Code and Benchmark number (only if taking a Personality Profile) that we provide. The Personality Profile typically takes 8 minutes to complete and the Sales Profile 21 minutes.
P.O. Box 356
Lincoln, CA 95648
OFFICE PHONE: 916-434-8711